"Do what you like and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr. Suess

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Speechs and Arts festival.

Tuesday Night was the Hauraki Plain's Speech Finals! Oscar and I represented Ngatea for the Seniors, and Zoe and Tom for the juniors. There were 24 speeches, and lots of them were really interesting! I was nervous to present mine, but once I got into it, I was fine!! Tom came third for his division, Oscar came third for ours, and I came first! 2 years in a row, I am so proud! Everyone said that they loved my speech and it was very entertaining! I won a certificate and a $30 book voucher to Carsons.
I also had to say my speech at the NPS Art's Festival last night, and I performed in Jazz Band, Choir, and Luke.D and I hosted the evening. It was a really good night, Only a few things didn't go to plan, but I think everyone enjoyed it!
It has been a very busy week- I also found out that I came 3rd in the NIE Poetry competition, throughout the whole of New Zealand!!! For my Poem "The Face of Confusion!"
Next week is the last week of school, Disco, Pet Day and my Birthday! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment